Monday, October 17, 2011

Vander's Birthday

 We recently finished off the yearly birthday decathalon with my 3 year old's birthday party. Vander is still my baby in so many ways...we have quite a different kind of bond: He was my first and only home birth and was my biggest at birth- 10 lbs...so you can imagine what an event having him was! Nothing really went wrong at his birth, but it was challenging, so I have always said that our bond is one much like war buddies. I remember when he finally came out into the world. I was looking at him, and he was looking at me and I felt he was thinking the same thing I was: "You and me, baby...teamwork. We did it together; we made it through...war buddies." In honor of his 3rd year of life, and after the wild month it has been in the house we made this party a simple, quiet family party for my little comrade...my man of few words, but big actions. I love you, Vander!
I couldn't get past how cute the Paul Frank monkey stuff at Target was so it became the theme.



monkey, monkey, monkeys everywhere

I call this one "Richie Tenenbaum Monkey". He's my favorite. 


A suprise visit from Auntie on Skype all the way from Egypt! We miss you!

Do you need a monkey in Egypt?




Everyone yelling "Blow them out!" Inside Vander's head: "Are you kidding? This is the closest you've ever let me get to fire!"






Nom Nom


The next morning: only minimal party fatigue. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment