Saturday, August 3, 2013

Postin a Letter







In an email-centered world I did the unthinkable...I sent a letter to my cousin.

 I was so inspired to do something tactile and beautiful. It used to be a pretty common thing for me to do in high school...write a letter in a ridiculously artistic fashion, sometimes a painting would serve as stationery, sometimes a magazine cut out...or even candy wrappers if I was in that mood.  

Now it's few and far between that I do this so it was fun to go fancy.
To make the envelope I used some back issues of Martha Stewart magazine (you can't go wrong using the pictures in that publication for artistic projects...always so meticulous and lovely) and I taped together the envelope in the following fashion:


(Here's a small tip: use glossy tape for glossy papers and matte tape for matte papers so it's not so noticeable.)

I used masking tape cut with pinking shears to make the labels...and Voila!



Now go send someone a smile!
(More posts on writing letters.)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love getting letters but I seldom write any! Maybe this will inspire me to write more. :-)

    ReplyDelete