Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Faking a Garden




One of the things I had to let go of in my life in order to pursue more time with family and art was doing less in my gardens. Okay, who am I kidding, I never did much with my gardens! I have many a green thumbed friend and when we daydream of banding together and becoming a commune, I remind them that I will be the one that provides freshly spun wool and sweaters, hot cups of store bought coffee always, and gluten-free cupcakes (just not so much fruits and veggies). I figure we'll need someone with a backyard free of food-growth in order to have playspace, a fit pit, and maybe a hammock or two. For now a few Costco sized cans that I tossed some seeds in and an upcycled beer bottle with the only sunflower that sprouted. Color me happy. We all have seeds to sow, some literal and some proverbial. 



(Disclaimer: I do have some tomatoes that are growing nicely without much attention.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sounds like my gardens, have so much other important issues...

    ReplyDelete