Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Gluten-Free Pancakes



It's hard switching to gluten-free when you see crazy stuff like sorghum flour and tapioca starch muddled into already-unsavory seeming recipes. It's downright debilitating and makes you want to run screaming for the nearest expensive-store-bought mix.

Since becoming gluten-free I have taken it upon myself to re-create and repurpose old favorite recipes using easy to find, simple ingredients. I will be posting them on here as I create them to make this whole GF thing less frustrating for everyone...we gotta stick together, right?

Here is the gluten-free pancake recipe that I came up with based on the one I used pre-gluten-free. It works great for pancakes or waffles.

Gluten Free Pancakes (or Waffles)

2 cups oat flour (yes, you can mill your own in a food processor or blender)
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. guar gum depending on how thick you like the batter
2 eggs
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil

In a medium bowl put oat flour, milk, and water. Let sit while you add the rest (if you use coconut oil add it last just before you mix). Whisk it all together. Oil your skillet and toss em down for a few minutes...then flip. You know the method, right? I don't need to tell you how to cook a pancake. Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment