Wednesday, September 5, 2012

a whole new era

I came back from a gorgeous Labor Day weekend family getaway just in time to start a whole new life. My husband has started school again after 11 years, I am gearing up to do more field trips this year and a different form to my homeschooling with the kids, my daughter is starting Audio Integrative Therapy, and the biggest change of all....I am sending my 3 year old to a Special Ed class in a nearby preschool. At 3 hours a day, 5 days a week....this homeschooling mom is a bit in shock still. I am currently trying to help my son (and myself) with the transition and also get it together from missing Monday here (which is generally a very full day). More on this later. Right now, even though I am aching to write that post I've been promising, and tell you all why I made this choice for my little man, I must go try to schedule what a normal day will look like once we're in the swing of things. For this week, I am thankful for my family and friends nearby who have shown my two oldest a good time while I am bringing Vander to school, leaving him at school, crying in my car, shopping, tying up loose ends, scheduling, sneaking back to school to watch him in the window of his class, running more errands, and then rapturiously picking him up from school. The first week is hardest and I am confident that he and I will get into next week with more stability. It's just those baby steps...with my baby...one moment at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment