Wednesday, September 7, 2011

slumber party

So about my weekend...let's start with Thursday night. On Thursday night I let my daughter have two of her friends over. Who knew that little girls could have so much energy? Well they had fun. And in the morning I made pancakes with chocolate chips. Atreyu, my son, has been reading "Little House in the Big Woods" for history and in the story Ma makes pancakes in the shape of people for her children on Christmas morning...so I decided to thrill everyone and do the same.





The boys had legs and the girl's had dresses. 

Try it sometime for your family. All you do is drop the batter all around the big pancake in the middle to add appendages. Flipping it will take some time to master...my first pancake girl lost her head....but no one noticed or minded much...as long as they were swimming in syrup. I happen to be very picky about my pancakes so I'll include my delicious recipe As well. Enjoy!


Pancakes

2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oil
4 tsps. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup cornmeal
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
mini chocolate chips

Mix everything together with a whisk except chocolate chips. Oil a skillet and add batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips on. Do not turn until bubbles form on one side. Flip for a short time so as not to scorch the chocolate. Serve on a plate warmed in the oven. Top with a bit of butter with 1 part honey and 1 part syrup on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment