Tuesday, July 10, 2012

paused a minute

Goodness it's strange to be writing a post, but here I am doing it. It actually makes me feel more vulnerable than it used to. It has been awhile, and it has been quite a day...revamping the kids rooms...I really redid my daughter Anduin's room as of late, and now for the boys' room...but currently I'm laying on my bed bushed.

 Do you ever tell your kids that you just need a good hour of quiet? Maybe more? These are the important moments of recharge that remind yourself and your kids that you are not a robot, or super woman, but a heart beat run human being. These are the guilt-free moments when a video for the 3 year old is a very healthy idea, and sending the others to their room to play together rather than within earshot is fine and good for all involved. So that's me with laptop on my lap (this rarely happens...usually squished up on an uncomfy chair in front of the cart I keep it on in the kitchen), with my coffee and a block of Ghiradelli to dip in it slowly. I even have my coffee warmer plugged in so I can linger without it growing cold. In a little while I'll try to get back to my organizing, but til then I'm gonna linger a bit...and finally share five minutes of my life with my readers. What do you do when you need a minute? And what do you wish you did more often with your free time? Let me know, maybe I'll work some of your ideas into my schedule sometime and see how they fit me! Love you!


1 comment:

  1. That sounds lovely. Sometimes mamas need a break. I still have a napper, thankfully!

    ReplyDelete