Saturday, February 2, 2013

Summertime: 1 song 2 ways


I have loved old jazz for since I can remember. I grew up listening to Amy Grant and other such mainstream Christian music that I totally loved jammin' out to (and still do from time to time...Petra anyone?) but never felt it rattle my soul the way my first hit of old jazz did. I think my first meeting with it was driving to the lake on a hot summer day and "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Benny Goodman came on the radio. Music went from being an enjoyable sound to a palpable heartbeat. Have you ever seen "The Jerk"? Steve Martin's character was a white boy taken in by a sweet black family. It wasn't until he heard some elevator music on the radio that he understood he was different. That was me except reversed. I tried to find the clip, but I couldn't find it to post so you'll just have to watch the Jerk, which all should do anyways so just go check that off your list of things that will make life even more fun.

The song "Summertime" is one of my favorites. I....just...love...it. Here it is presented to you in 2 different ways...all just so different but delicious. Enjoy.









I just stuck this in because in the Kat Edmonson's version of "Summertime" there are some lines of "Feeling Good" perfectly tossed in at the end. So I thought you might enjoy listening to this great version of "Feeling Good." I must admit this man has a voice. 



Happy Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment